Nov 20, 2017

Pursue Magic



Scrapbook Layout created for Maya Road - PURSUE MAGIC -



Hi there Roadies!!!

Nathalie with you today bringing you a bit of fall inspiration using the beautiful MAYA ROAD products!  I am sure that when you think Fall, there is a lot of different images that come to your mind, mostly leaves, pumpkin and fall colors.   So i used a more modern version of those concepts to create this page all about my mom.


I have had this picture of my mom in my scrapbook folder for a while, and finally decided to create a soft background where the colors of the picture will pop, for this i am using Pinkfresh Studio's Escape the Ordinary collection to create the leaf branch.


I used the Tropical Flowers Die to cut papers from the collection and then arranged them on the olive color cardstock as to form the branch that my mom is hiding behind (we were apple picking at the time!).   All the die cuts were attached with a combination of glue and foam adhesive to create dimension in the page.


Next, the picture was glued to the page, but i added a piece of Ken Oliver Vintage Trim -Rick Rack Edge- under the picture, just to soften the line of the picture once it was glued to the page.  The cluster of ephemera at the corner of the picture houses also the title of  the page, and a Mini Arrow Charm.  Just love all the texture in this cluster.


Next I added a cluster of  beautiful Maya Road products at the other corner of the picture.  This small cluster consists of a Wood Thoughtful Sentiment token, a banner from the Love Chipboard Banner set -it was colored using Gold colorshine-, and a small heart from the Mini Chipboard Heart Confetti set that was colored with deep coral color shine.  Once again I wanted to add textures and colors from the picture.  After that a few lines of journal and some color droplets complete the page.


I love how easy it was to create the leaf branch with the die cuts.   The non traditional colors of the layout are the perfect way to have the picture and title pop from the page.   I really hope this inspires you to create a new take on Fall, and use the beautiful Maya Road goodies to add texture and softness to the page.
That is all for me today!  remember to visit the Maya Road store to check all the products in this page. 
XOXO









Maya Road products used:

No comments:

Post a Comment