Sep 29, 2017

Autumn



Scrapbook Layout created for Simple Stories  - AUTUMN -





I am up on the Simple Stories blog with two new projects, here is the second one:

Have I mentioned, I love FALL!   One of my favorite things to do at fall time is take long walks around the river bank.  My baby (our Boston Terrier) is my most loyal companion, even when i am taking a few pictures of leaves along the way.  So I set to create a layout that captures our daily walks:





For this page, I wanted to bring a bit of the outdoors in; that meant recreating some of the foliage for the page.   For this, I used the Cut Shoppe's "Leaf It To Me" cut file to create leaves from some of the 6x8 papers.




While the machine cut the leaves and vellum to back each leaf,  a  colorful background was created on watercolor paper that had been stitched to the "Happy Life" paper from the collection.  I made sure to add the mixed media just to the area where the picture and leaves would be placed.







Once it was all dried, the page came together rather easily.   Once the leaves were put in place - I used foam adhesive, glue and pop dots to attach the leaves in place), the picture was then nestled a the bottom right corner of the mixed media.





To continue the flow of the leaves's trail, clusters of stickers and ephemera were created at the corners of the picture that was set on the leaves.






All the small details in the stickers, and ephemera pieces of this collection are perfect to bring the fall colors in the picture to the page.  I just love the end look of this page!





Don't you just love the versatility of this collection?!  What can i say, it is FALL PERFECT!  I hope you all are inspired to use the  Simple Stories Vintage Blessings collection to document those close to the heart moments in your life!

Remember you can always contact me if there is any questions on how this came together.

See you all soon!











Materials Used:
Vintage Blessings collection:
9221 - Collection kit
9222 - 12x12 Combo sticker
9227 - So Thankful paper
9229 - Happy Life paper
9235 - 6x8 paper pad
9236 - 6x12 chipboard stickers
9237 - Bits and Pieces
9238 - 4x6 stickers
9239 - Clear stickers

HL7897  Wood and gingham paper pad




No comments:

Post a Comment