Jun 8, 2017

Roam In The City



Scrapbook Layout created for Studio Calico  -   ROAM  IN THE CITY  -





Hello there,

I am so excited to share that this month, I am one of the June workshop contributors over at Studio Calico.   It was so exciting to create with the Been and Gone kit, especially when you are asked to create without the use of die cuts or cut files.   So I revert to my original scrapbooking technique, hand cutting.






The kit is beautiful, the papers in the collection -personally- evoke feelings of trips and travels.   I was drawn to the small ephemera piece that read, "In The City", so i build the page based on this piece.






The picture of my loves walking downtown Toronto, is full of graphic motives, so I enlarged it to fit a 9x11 format.  Using a bold font, i printed the word ROAM on cardstock, and cut the letters separately.  I traced each of the letters on some of the papers in the collection, and used an exacto knife to cut all the details.






  Both cardstock and  patterned paper letters were glued together with a small offset as to create dimension, and then attached to the bottom of the picture using foam  dots.   The small ephemera piece completes the title.





Next I used some of the papers to create a frame around the picture, and then attached it to the center of a 12x12 white cardstock sheet.   To create a visual triangle, I used some of the ephemera pieces, and the small ticket booklet from One Little Bird.






To complete the visual triangle, i repeated some of the same elements on a cluster at the top right corner of the picture.   Each of the corners of the visual triangle has a copper asterisk to tie in the design.   After adding the lines of journal in the picture, here is the final page:





The final look of this layout is just a perfect combination of the graphics of the picture with the beautiful papers.   I have also created another page which is showcased in the  Studio Calico's Been and Gone workshop; you are welcomed to join workshop  to see what some very talented designers have created, and to join Jen Schow on some of the lessons included in the workshop.

As always you can  contact me with any  questions on this layout.

Thanks for stopping by!


Materials used:
Studio Calico - Been and Gone collection -


No comments:

Post a Comment