May 10, 2017

Thumbs Up


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  -  THUMBS UP  -





Hello everyone!

We are half way this month's reveal for Scrapbook Nerd.   This month is all about florals for me, and for this project, I chose to use some water crayons, gelatos, and Paige Evans Oh My Heart collection.







It all started by creating this background using watercolor crayons and gelaton on watercolor paper.   I tried to pick some of the colors of the collection, and made sure that the colors were very faint.







This project uses the cut outs included in the 12x12 paper pad. I cut the border that framed the cut out, and backed it with papers from the collection.





Once all the cut outs were backed, I  used matching embroidery floss to create centers on all the flowers.  Using a paper piercing tool, a series of holes were created, and french knots were made in each hole.  This adds texture, and bring more color to the page.







The picture of my daughter and the little is perfectly framed with fussy cut flowers and ephemera from the collection.   The title of this page was created by gluing some of the chipboard stickers to the side of the picture.  Here is the finished page:




This page came together super fast and easily.  The mixed media background adds to emphasize the flowers colors.  Sometimes all it takes is a little experimenting to see how you can create a one of a kind piece just by altering a pre made cut a bit.  For all the materials used don't forget to visit Scrapbook Nerd, there is always something new being added to the store.

Remember I am a comment away if you have any questions on how this came together.

Take care!



Materials Used:
Watercolot crayons and gelatos - Faber Castell
12x12 and 6x6 paper pads - Oh My Heart collection - Pink Paislee
Stickers, chipboard stickers, ephemera - Oh My Heart collection - Paige Evans
Clear stickers - Starshine collection - Shimelle -AC

No comments:

Post a Comment