May 28, 2017

Take a Hike


Scrapbook Layout created for Simple Stories  - TAKE A HIKE -





Hello there!

 Double shift day!  First, I am up on the Simple Stories blog with two new projects using some of their new collections.  Here is the first one using the newest Cabin Fever collection.

My husband is passionate about camping and the great outdoors, something he has passed on to my kids.  For this picture of our family hiking around Lake Simcoe, I used the colors and patterns in the new Cabin Fever collection to complete this page.




To create the background, two cut files from the Cut Shoppe were fused together to create a compass. The  star in the middle of the compass was backed with vellum, while the two outer rings of the compass were back with the 'Roughing It', and 'Under The Stars' papers from the collection.  The compass was then glued to the right of the b side of the " Nature  Hike" paper, and trimmed to fit within the edge of the page.




There are so many coordinating embellishments in this collection, that i just had to use as many as i could to frame the picture.   I layered some of the 4x6  element cut-out cards from the collection behind the picture, and glued it between the N and W corner of the compass.   I created the first cluster at the center of the compass by using some sentiments from the Combo Sticker sheet, Bits and Pieces, and 4x6 sticker sheets.





A second cluster was created around the top corner of the picture, here i used pulled some of the beautiful flower chipboard stickers, the boot print brad, and some stickers and die cuts from the collection.  I love the brads from this collection!,  in fact I am hoarding a few of them in my stash!!




Can you tell I love cut files?  I used another design from the Cut Shoppe to create the title of this piece, I used the remaining piece of the "Under the Stars" paper to back the cut-out, and glued it below the picture.  I had to repeat the foot print design -as in the brad-, and chose the Chipboard stickers;   this time, a small cluster was created with some of the Bits and pieces, Combo sticker sheet and another brad ( i love the brads!!!). 






To finish the page, I trimmed a bit of the left and bottom edges of the page, and glued the entire mat to the "Summer Camp" paper from the collection.  I added  a few lines of journal around the perimeter of the compass to complete this page.   I love how i was able to combine the picture with the earthy tones of this collection.   Trust me, you need a bit of Cabin Fever to document your outdoorsy adventures!



Materials Used:
Cabin Fever - Paper collection, brads, stickers, chipboard stickers, ephemera - Simple Stories
Cut Files - The Cut Shoppe



No comments:

Post a Comment