May 28, 2017

LOL


Scrapbook Layout created for Simple Stories  - LOL -




 Hi!

Double duty day!  Here is the second project for Simple Stories ( There is more to come later on!!)

This project is all about the super fun Emoji Love collection, and one of the funniest pictures of my 3 kids.   Sometimes the stars align, and you get that lucky shot, this is exactly how this picture came to be, and  the best way to document it was using all the icons in the collection.






The idea for this layout came after sharing this picture with my family overseas.   It all started from a camera snapshot, followed by the picture going to our family group, and then the reactions  are still coming in.  So, I started by re creating the camera icon in this collection.  I drew the image on trace paper, and used it to build the icon from papers from the 6x8 paper pad and some hand stitching.   This took a bit of time, as I wanted to add details, and texture to this element.





To make the colors of this layout shine, I opted to use white cardstock as the base.  I cut two wide strips of  "YAY" paper, and glued it to the sides of the cardstock; next  two strips of the "Too Cool" paper were cut ( narrower than the previous strips), and glued on top of the previous strips.   The finished camera element was then glued to the bottom of the page, and I used Chipboard stickers, die cut pieces, the combo sticker sheet , and brads to add the cluster on the camera.




To recreate the posting, I cut a speech bubble out of cardstock, and used it to frame the picture of my kids. It was then glued above the camera element, and lots of icons were then glued around it.  Since there is so many icons, speech bubbles and emojis in the collection,




 I pulled pieces from all the embellishments in the collection to create the clusters around the picture.  I even used the LOL chipboard sticker as the title for this piece.  Here is final layout:





OMG, this layout is just the perfect representation of  this social media post.   I love it!.   The emoji collection is by far one of the funnest collections to date.

I hope the two projects  here inspire you to document those fun family moments. The new Simple Stories collection are so diverse, fun, innovative that you can easily scrap from outdoor hikes to the common social media post.  The possibilities are infinite with the new Simple Stories collections.  I cannot wait to see what you create with them.

Thanks for stopping by today!




Materials Used:
Simple Stories - Emoji Love collection - paper collection, 6x8 pad, brads, chipboard stickers, cardstock stickers, paper pieces, clear stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment