Feb 18, 2017

BeYOUtiful



Scrapbook Layout -  BEYOUTIFUL -



Hello there!

It seems that I am always left with papers from different kits, so I am trying my best to make space for all the new goodies, by using up as much as i can from all the kits. This time, I am working on killing the BEE YOU kit from  Clique Kits.   This is such a beautiful kit full of American Crafts "Hazelwood" collection.   So let  me show you what i did with this kit.









I was drawn to the bee-hive paper in the kit, so i cut up the hexagons and set them aside.   To create the background, I used a combination of color shine ink to create three color clusters on  the page.   Once the ink dried, I simply hand stitched the hexagons leaving a small space in between each other.  Here are some close ups:










Next using the Just Be You cut file from The Cut Shoppe, I stitched the title at the bottom of the page using white floss ( i did not want the title to stand out in this layout)





The picture of my niece and daughter being silly for the camera is the focal point of this layout, so I transformed it to black and white.  I framed the picture with clusters of pieces from the kit that matched the colors of the hexagons.






I used one of the empty spaces between the hexagons to add my journal lines, and added black ink around the entire project ( too much, i think now!). Here is the final layout:





What can i say, I love the end result of this page.    The colors, the background, and all that stitching are just so my style.   To check all the details on this kit, please visit  Clique Kits to see what is included in the kit, and what they have available in their store.   As always let me know if you have any questions.


Thanks for visiting!



Materials Used:
Clique Kits - Bee You  kit
Cut file - The Cut Shoppe - Just Be You


Color shine - Heidi Swapp - mustard, butter, blush, sweet cherry, white, tea, black, gold

No comments:

Post a Comment