Dec 16, 2016

Bold layout series #2: Shine Bright & Smile


Scrapbook Layout  -  SHINE BRIGHT & SMILE -






Hello there!

As the year is winding down, we all start looking back at what we have accomplish through the year.  Since both my kids are Christmas babies, I spent the day looking at pictures of them throughout the year.   So,  I thought I create a layout for each of them  just as a reflection of our love for each of them.





To create this  layout i am using Clique Kits's December kit - Wonderland-.   If you follow my work, then you will know I love vellum!!, and the Moonstruck vellum in this month's kit was perfect to what i had in mind.   To create the background, I stitched the vellum to a 12x12 in white card stock page.







I printed the picture in a 8.5x11 in sheet, and layered fun foam behind the picture;  however i created a small pocket where i could hide my journal card -for this i used one of the glassine bags from the Wonderland kit package.  I simply glued the bag to the back of the picture, making sure it is located at the top left corner of the picture-.







Once I glued the picture to the mat, i used one of the journal cards from the Moonstruck collection die cuts to write a lengthy note to my son.  I stitched the small tab to the top of the card to make sure that it can be pulled out using it.   The rest of the die cuts, and stickers all come from the Wonderland Kit.






To continue the clean and bold look of the page, i used pieces from the Moonstruck die cut pack, and a cut file (whenever i am using the Cameo with a large cut file that will use more of the 12x12 in area, I add small words or icons that i could use in another project, and put it aside ) to create the title.   A few of the Wonderland kit exclusives were added to  complete the clean look of the page,  Here is the completed layout:






I love the bold and large design of this page.  It came together in a small amount of time, all due to the beautiful papers and add-ons  the Clique Kits' Wonderland collection had to offer.  Trust me you want to get this kit as it can work for both boys and girls layouts.  If you have time, just check the previous entry on this series to see how the kit was used to create bold layouts of my teens and my baby!.


Thanks for visiting!



Materials used:
Wonderland Kit -  Clique Kits


No comments:

Post a Comment