Dec 11, 2016

#59


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  - #59 -





Hello there!

I hope you all are doing well.    It is my reveal week at Scrapbook Nerd, and this month I was inspired by white spaces and color, and girly things.    So be prepare to see projects that document the girls in my life (and one about my baby!)






For my first project this week, I wanted to document one of my mom's pictures from her 59th birthday   ( this is a redo project, I did not like the first layout I created).   So I chose Crate Paper's Gather collection to create this layout.   It all started with the construction of this shaker element.  I simply used my Cameo to cut a large circle on one of  the papers of the collection, and a circle outline in white card stock. I added a large piece of vellum and hand stitched the edges.  All the sequin comes from the dollar store.





I don't think i will ever have enough of these mint roses!  I had to fussy cut some of the flowers to use then around the picture, along with some card stickers and embelishments from the same collection.





For the title, I pulled the chipboard stickers to simply spelled the number of my mom's age.   I added the hashtag to the title as this is what we used to tag the pictures of her birthday in Instagram.   There was a lot of space were to journal, so I chose the space right below the picture to write a small blurb about this wonderful woman.  Here is finished layout:






I am glad, I chose to re work this picture into a new layout.   Don't forget to check all the materials used at Scrapbook Nerd -the owners are great-.   Let me know if you have any questions on how this came together.

See you all soon!


Materials Used:
Patterned paper -  Gather collection 12x12 and 6x6 paper pads
Embelishment, Cardboard sitckers, chipboard stickers and embelishments - Gather collection - Crate Paper
White card stock, vellum - American Crafts
sequin - dollar store

No comments:

Post a Comment