Nov 14, 2016

Gingerbread Love


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd's Countdown to Christmas  - GINGERBREAD LOVE  -





Hello there!


I hope you all are getting ready to start a new week!  
It is  rapidly starting to look a lot like Christmas, and I love it!   For the next two weeks, Scrapbook Nerd's Design Team will be posting ideas on how to maximize your Holiday experience, and create beautiful memories along the way.   Since i am all about capturing and documenting my every day life, I am starting my contribution with some tips on picture taking, and how to put together a quick layout.



Since we are always on the run (even more so during the holidays), I decided to go for a quick layout.  For that i chose to create a grid design using 2 in. paper squares -I am using the new Illustrated Faith "CHRISTmas" collection that I picked up from the Scrapbook Nerd store -, and gluing them in the middle of my card stock.  I chose to hand stitch the lines along the diagonal of the squares, but you could machine stitch it, or just leave it simple (let's just say this page came together in less than an hour while i was watching my son's soccer practice)






I pulled  a picture of my daughter's first gingerbread house (she was just about to turn 5 in this picture), and layered some of the same papers behind the picture.  The clusters were created with pieces from the collections's ephemera, paper tabbies, paper clips, tags, stickers, and 2x7 in paper cut aparts ( i bought the entire collection from the Scrapbook Nerd Store to document pictures of my kids and the littles during the holidays).





.

Like i mentioned, this page came together in a flash.  For the title, i used some old rub-on stickers from my stash (this i always have handy for my traveler's notebook/diary that i carry with me at all times).    Once we landed home, I simply glued the pieces of the picture together, added my journal lines and a few gold ink splatters.  Here is the final layout:




I love the simple and striking result of this page.  Don't forget to take pictures of your  loved ones, and yourself as you prepare for the holidays.  Remember that it does not matter what camera you use, as long as you capture the moment.  My only advice this time will be to try and keep the picture simple, try to find good light (flash in photos is not that flattering),  the subject you are shutting does not have to be in the center of the picture, and above all print your pictures.


I hope you visit Scrapbook Nerd forum, and Facebook Friends and Family page to see what the rest of the dt has created.  Also visit the Scrapbook Nerd store to check this and the many collections Barb and Joy have in their shelves.

I will be back shortly with some new inspiration!

Thanks for visiting today!



Materials used:
White cardstock - American Crafts
Patterned Papers, tabbies, tags, 2x7 cut aparts, ephemera, cardboard stickers - CHRISTmas collection - Illustrated Faith
word sticker - Small chat collection - Tim Holtz - Ideaology
Alpha rub-ons -  Michaels
Gold ink - Smooch spritz

No comments:

Post a Comment