Aug 18, 2016

Our Sweetest Blossom


Scrapbook Layout - Our Sweetest Blossom -


a close up of the layout


Hello everyone,

I hope you all are enjoying the last days of summer vacation.  We are starting to ready all our stuff and lives for a new school year.  Particularly, I have been trying to also put a dent in my paper stash (since I have a lot of new collections on pre-order that soon will be arriving).   At the same time, one of my cousins recently had a baby girl, and i had to create a layout to capture the moment, please enjoy the video on how the layout came together...










I am trying to use as much of Pink Paislee's Fancy Free collection, so I have chosen two of the papers to complete this project.   First I cut up all the beautiful flowers out of paper #9, and created a flower cascade along the one side of the page.



the flowers were added with different glue and foam dots to add layers and dimension on the page.



Before gluing everything down, I used my Cameo  to create the title for this page.  Once the title was stitched, I proceed to color the words using some shimmer watercolors.






This picture was taken a few days after she was born, and was captured using a cell phone.  I chose to work with Adobe Lightroom to clean up the image.  I chose to add just a few pieces of ephemera  around the picture...


a close up to the layout.


Finally, I added just  a few notes on how it feels to be a long distance ncousin/aunt at the bottom of the page, along with some  other small details.  Here is the final layout...






I love how the papers worked on this page,  it took very little effort to put together.

Thanks for visiting today,


See you around!!


Materials Used:
Patterned Paper,  #7, #9 - Fancy Free collection -Pink Paislee
Puffy stickers and ephemera - Fancy Free collection - Pink Paislee
Word Stickers - Little chat stickers -Tim Holtz - Ranger
Chipboard Sticker - Favorite Soft Spoken collection - MAMBI
Ephemera - C'est La Vie collection - Pink Paislee


No comments:

Post a Comment