Aug 29, 2016

#Besties


Scrapbook Layout created for  The Cut Shoppe  - #BESTIES -





Hello everyone,  

I am back on the Cut Shoppe blog this week, with this layout that combines some of my favourite things:  cut files, stitching, and black & white pictures.   Here  is  small video on how the layout came together after the stitching was finalized:








When Ashley send the Design team, the new cut files coming to the store, I knew that the Oodles of Doodles will become one of my favorite cutfiles.   This time, I chose to use the curl shape to create the background for this layout.  I welded a few of the curls together, and used the sketch pens to draw them on white cardstock.  An offset was added to make sure all the curls were cut in one single image.  I used my paper piercer to create the holes of my stitching guide, and used a few hours of Netflix to stitch away.


I used thread that matched the colors in Pink Paislee's Fancy Free collection.


For my title, I used the Friends Forever cut file, and some gold glitter paper to cut the "#", "BESTIES", and "heart" shapes.  I double cut the word and #, and glued the two cut-outs together.





I used the heart shape cut-outs as part of the ephemera clusters around the picture.  





After adding a few details around the page, i chose to write my journal around the entire shape of the cut-out.  Here is the final layout:





I hope this serves as inspiration to see the possibilities of a cut file.  Don't forget to visit the Cut Shoppe Etsy store to see all the cut files available.

Till next time,

Keep crafting!!



materials used:

Cut files - The Cut Shoppe



Patterned papers -  #1,4,8,10 - Fancy Free collection - Pink Paislee
Puffy Stickers, ephemera - Fancy Free collection - Pink Paislee
Chipboard Stickers - Me and My Big Ideas
America Crafts POW gold glitter paper
Rubber Shape - Life Noted collection - Pinkfresh Studio
Word phrase sticker - Felicity collection - Pinkfresh Studio


No comments:

Post a Comment