Jul 27, 2016

These Boys Rule!



Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  - These Boys Rule! -


a close up of the layout


Hi there!,

 As my reveal week continues, I am bringing you a layout that has a bit of me, and a lot of my son's ideas in it...  Yes!  I chose to scrapbook along with my teenage son (I know it sounds weird, and yes it wasn't easy!)since this is his picture, and the only memory we have of his Grade 9 High school retreat.


I am drawn to large titles, and since the picture is full of color, I have chosen to use the Cut Shoppe's Open Letter Alpha cutfile to create the title.  I backed the letters with Amy Tangerine's Better Together collection papers.



This title uses a lot of the project's area.


Before gluing down the title, a small amount of whipped spackle mixed with Liquitex Teal acrylic Ink was applied to  the mat (Pink Paislee's Fancy Free collection paper) using a cross stencil from Heidi Swapp collection.


A close up to the picture

I added the picture  layered with pieces of paper from the Amy Tangerine collection and cut-outs , created using the May Mash-Up cut file from the Cut Shoppe-.  A few clusters were added around the page to create interest on the picture.   Finally I added a few lines of journal and some final details.  Here is the completed layout:





I had fun creating this layout, and following some of the ideas my son had...  I hope this inspires to use a large title as a focus point on your layouts.

Let me know if you have any question about this layout.


See you around!!



Materials used:
Cut files - The Cut Shoppe

Patterned papers - Amy Tangerine Better Together collection
Patterned paper - layout mat - Pink Paislee's Fancy Free Collection #05
Wood pieces - Pink Paislee's Fancy Free collection
Stickers - Amy Tangerine's Better Together collection
                Simple Stories' Heart collection
Chipboard stickers - Pinkfresh Studio's Life Noted collection.








No comments:

Post a Comment