Jul 22, 2016

Here There Everywhere


Scrapbook Layout for The Cut Shoppe   - Here There Everywhere -




Hello all,

I am up on The Cut Shoppe's blog with my second design team project (it is slowly sinking in that I am in the design team)...  For this layout, I chose to document one of the many trips we have taken our kids on.  Once I saw the new Go My Way cut file, I knew it would be perfect to create  a compass as a main focus on my layout.  So I welded to the Star Light Star Bright cut file to obtained my shape, though I cut the entire shape, I am only using three quarters of the cut file on this layout.





I wanted to bring subtle color to the page, so I backed the cut-out with vellum, and created a watercolor rainbow effect on waterpaper using watercolor paint.





 I attached the cut-out to using glue foam dots, so that there is dimension on the piece.





The black and white picture of my family is framed by clusters of  ephemera and cut-outs from Shimelle's Starshine collection and Amy Tangerine's Sticker collection.





For the title of this layout, I used the Here There Everywhere  cut file.  I set the Cameo to perforate the edge, instead of cutting it off.  I back stitched the shape using embroidery thread of the same color as the compass shape.  



the title of the layout


Finally, I added my lines of journal on the bottom of the page, and scattered star shaped sequin along the page.  Here is the final result.

the completed layout

I really love this page, and it was so easy to construct it.

As always leave a message, if you have any questions about this layout.

See you soon!!


Materials Used:


Patterned Paper,  Starshine collection,  Shimelle
Stickers, chipboard stickers, and cut outs, Starshine collection, Shimelle
Flair Button, Starshine collection, Shimelle
Stickers,  Better Together collection. Amy Tangerine
Watercolor paint,  Artist Loft, Michaels






No comments:

Post a Comment