Jun 12, 2016

Just Smile


A Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  - Just Smile -




the layout in construction...























Hello there,


It is my reveal week for this month at Scrapbook Nerd (I love Barb and Joy, the owners of the store).  For this layout, i wanted to showcase some of Amy Tangerine's Better Together collection;  the papers are lovely and vibrant, the colors are so appealing to both boys and girls, and my favorite there is lots of watercolor on the designs.  


The background for the Layout.


My process for creating  layouts is a bit unusual, as I often start with the backgrounds or titles, and then pick my picture.  For this layout, the contrast and combo of this two papers was beautiful, so i used Heidi Swapp's color shine to create a watercolor background on a 11x11 in. gessoed piece of white cardstock.  I then cut two  big L shaped strips of the papers (about 2 in) and glued them together to form a square,  Using some machine stitching, the watercolor background was attached to the mat.


the layout's title

The next step was to create a title, for this a cut file from the silhouette store was used.  I set the phrase to perforate, and then added an offset and make the cut around the perforated edges.  I chose two of  the colors of the triangle paper to hand stitch the words on the phrase.



the picture details on the layout.


For this layout, I chose to use some of  the pictures from a recent meltdown my nephew experienced at home.  It didn't help I kept telling him to just smile for the camera, and he just kept crying louder each time.  I printed 4 of the pictures to fit 2x2 in. each.   They were matted on white cardstock and layered with the patterned paper from the borders.  Once attached on the layout, pieces of washi tape from the collection was added as a layer under the picture cluster.  All the embelishments are from the sticker sheet and rub on from the same  collection, and a few add-ons from Pink Fresh Studio's Felicity collection...  



the finished layout


After attaching all the pieces, I added my journal lines in the space created between the two words.
I love the ending result. 

Till next time,

Happy Scrapping!


Materials Used:
Title - Just Smile,  Silhouette store
White Cardstock, American crafts
Patterned papers,  Better Together collection, Amy Tangerine
Color shine inks,  Butter, Peacock, Navy & Seafoam, Heidi Swapp collection
Stickers,  Better Together collection, Amy Tangerine
Rub Ons, Better together collection, Amy Tangerine
Wood pieces,  Felicity collection, Pink Fresh Studio.







No comments:

Post a Comment