May 9, 2016

Sweet Forever


Scrapbook Layout  for Scrapbook Nerd  - Sweet Forever -


A view of the many layers in this layout.


Hello everyone,

This week is all about reveal projects for Scrapbook Nerd.  For my May kit, i have chosen to work mostly with Pink Fresh Studio's Felicity collection,  and Simple Stories' Life in Color and Heart collection.  

For this month, our inspiration is a gorgeous mood board (you can find it in ScrapbookNerd 's facebook page) and the word "Blossom".   With that in mind, I picked this picture of my sister and niece showing their affection for each other, and knew the name for my title right away "Sweet Forever".

I started by cutting one of the papers along their diagonal lines until I got 4 equal pieces.  I flipped two of the pieces, and attached them all to another piece of paper.  Once the mat was completed, I used the Spring Fling cut file from the Cut Shoppe to create a perforated template of a heart sequence in the middle of the page.


I stitched the hearts with embroidery floss of the same colors as the ones
in the paper.

I used hand stitching to trace the cutfile, using white on the pink triangles, and multicolor on the white pieces.  Also, using the same cutfile -same dimensions-, I cut a piece of vellum to use as a layer that will fit exactly on top of the stitched hearts.



The vellum was attached using small glue dots;
this gave a subtle dimension to the layout.


I matted and layered the picture with papers from the same collection;  following the lines of the layout,  i placed the picture in the center of the page.  Some fussy cut  words were used to create the  tag and tab on the picture.  The rest of the decorations come from the word sticker sheet, wood veneer package from the same collection, and Mambi's Favorite friends chipboard sticker collection.



I created the title using the glittered foam word stickers from the collection.



I am all about balance, so a small cluster of fussy cut pieces was attached to the top left corner of  the page.



I fussy cut the pocket cards into this little pieces for my cluster



A few lines of journal on the opposite side of the  cluster, as well as a few pieces of puffy sequin (from Pink Fresh Studio) were enough to complete the page.



The complete layout


I  love the contrast of the patterned papers, the cut file and hand stitching in this piece.  I hope you also like it.


See you soon!


Materials Used:
Patterned papers,  Felicity collection, Pink Fresh Studio
Cut File, Spring Fling, The Cut Shoppe
Embelishment and word stickers,  Felicity collection, Pink Fresh Studio
Chipboard stickers,  Favorite Friends, Mambi
Title, Felicity collection, Pink Fresh Studio.





No comments:

Post a Comment