May 23, 2016

Family


Scrapbook Layout  - Family -


I am crushing over Elle's Studio's Little Moments Collection...


Hello there!


I am always looking on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for inspiration for my creative process.  A couple weeks ago, I was drawn by a layout from Ashley Horton that featured this beautiful paper by Elle's Studio.   So i went ahead and placed an order for the collection...  Can I say, that it is more beautiful in real life that in pictures.  Though my first instinct is to hoard the beautiful paper, I wanted to use it on some of my most precious memories of my trip to Ecuador.  SO here is my first layout with this collection...



A large title for this layout.


I chose to create the title first for the layout by just using my Cameo to perforate the word 'Family' on one of the collection papers.   I chose thread that matched the colors of the collection, and hand stitched each letter on a different color.  I was going to leave it on the page, but i wanted to stand out, so I cut it out and added painted each letter to match the thread color.




A close up of the picture on the layout.



I chose to use a black and white picture so that it will stand out on the page.   All the little pieces come from the collection,  I just fussy cut some hearts, and added the vellum hearts from my stash.  


Once I added the picture to the page, I wanted to add some extra interest, so I cut the main mat of the layout to fit 11x11 in.  I also cut a 2 inch border from the black and white paper of the collection (my favorite paper).  I attached the white and yellow striped paper to the border making sure that the bottom left corners were almost flush.  This created an inverted L shape border on the top right side of the layout.  To make sure that it didn't shift and to tie in the stitching on the title, I machine stitched the mat to the border and added some stitching on the clusters around the picture.  Here is the final layout


The final layout.


I love this layout because of the picture and the beautiful paper.   I already have plans to use up the entire paper collection.  

Till next time,

Happy scrapping!!


Materials used:
Patterned paper,  Little Moments Collection, Elle's Studio
Ephemera and decorations,  Little Moments Collection, Elle's Studio
Title - Butterball Spring Cut font ,  Silhoouette Studio store
title - watercolor,  Artist Loft, Michaels.




No comments:

Post a Comment