Apr 28, 2016

Selfie Love


Scrapbook layout for Scrapbook Nerd  - Selfie Love -



Hello there!

This is my last entry for my week showcase at Scrapbook Nerd.  For this layout, I wanted to showcase the beautiful paper from the collection, so I went for simplicity and lots of paper in the layout.



A close up of the paper cuts in this layout.


I started by cutting a corner of one of the patterned papers,  I did the same to 2 more papers, but each time I increased the width and length of the cut, keeping the angle.  I glued them to white cardstock in an ascending order from large to small.




Here is the cut that inspired the layout.


The residual paper was then glued in the same fashion at the opposite corner side of the corner cuts.  I used the same technique of staggering the papers .  This created a beautiful angle in the page, and I used the corner of the angle to position the picture there.



I used a gold paint marker to color the wood veneer;
the other letters were fussy cut from one of the patterned papers.


To balance the layout, I added a small cluster at the bottom of the angle of this page.  Once again, I added fussy cut pieces, ephemera and stickers.






A little creasing of the edges of the paper, a few lines of journal at the bottom of  the title,and  the date of the picture completed the page.

This page came together rather quickly, and having papers from the same collection take some of the guess work from the planning.

I hope you like it.

See you soon.


The final layout


Materials Used:

Patterned papers,  Wonder collection, Crate Paper
Ephemera, stickers, chipboard pieces,  Wonder collection, Crate Paper
Ephemera camera, Market Place collection, Crate Paper











No comments:

Post a Comment