Apr 18, 2016

Happy Walker


Scrapbook Layout - Happy Walker -


Hello everyone,

I hope you all are using your creativity to document your life.  Lately, the weather is finally changing in Toronto, that translates into longer doggie walks.  My fur bay loves the extra outdoor time, and I love capturing his exuberance.

Since Spring is in full bloom, I wanted to use vibrant colors on the layouts, so I started by using a cut file from The Cut Shoppe -Spinwheels-.  I set the cut so that only every other spinwheel was cut, and the other was perforated.   I saved the cut outs for the next layout (you can read all about it on the next blog entry).   I used embroidery thread in yellow, green, teal and light blue to stitch the border of the cut outs in an alternating way.



A close up of the stitching on the layout

I wanted to  bring color to the page, so I created the background paper that mats the cut-out.  First I gessoed a My Mind's Eye paper.  Once dried i used the cutout as a template to mark, with a pencil, the limit of each spinwheel.  I, then, used acrylic paints to create a swirl  in each of the marked spots.  I used colors more vibrant than the embroidery floss as I wanted to pop the cut file.



Here is a look at the painted swirls.  


Using foam dots, I attached the cut file to the painted mat.  The effect of different heights on the layout works hand in hand with the texture from the embroidery.  I chose to keep the picture and title cluster simple not to lose the details of the layout.



Just a few pieced of ephemera and stickers help highlight the photo.


Finally I added a few sequin to the center of the cut-out spin wheels and added my journal lines at the bottom of the page.   I love the results.


The completed layout



I hope you like it, as much as I enjoyed working on the page.

P.S.  the next blog entry shows what i did with the cut-out spin wheels.  

Materials Used:

Cut file,  Spin wheels, The Cut Shoppe
Patterned paper,  Now and Then collection, My Mind's Eye
Stickers and Ephemera, My Mind's Eye collections
Title -Happy- Heidi Swapp color Shine paper resistant collection
Title -Walker-,  Recollections, Michaels
Acrylic paint,  Artist Loft collection, Michaels








No comments:

Post a Comment