Apr 27, 2016

Cute Girls


Scrapbook Layout for ScrapbookNerd.com  - Cute Girls -



A project created for Scrapbook Nerd.


Hello once again!!


I continue to share with you all my projects created for ScrapbookNerd.com using the "Wonder" collection from Crate Paper.  

I love cut files,  I enjoy how i can manipulate them to highlight my layouts.  For this particular layout, I am using the Cut Shoppe's "Any Which Way" cut file.  This background arrow cut file was perfect to create a geometrical and interesting mat for my picture and ideas.



A close up of the cut file
I used the cut file to get a background for a 12x12 layout, and went and cut it into 4 different sections.  I backed the cut file in an alternate formation.  The arrows with vellum were backed directly to the back of the cut out, while the ones with pattern paper were not backed, instead, i chose to pop the cut file with foam dots on the color paper.




A side look of the layout.


I chose to use one of the geometric pattern papers as a mat for the layout.  The contrast of the cut out and the mat work to create contrast on with the picture.   The picture was matted and layered with the same patterned paper  and vellum as the cut out.


A simple cluster on the top left corner of  the picture.


This picture was depicting my daughter and niece at Christmas dinner showing off their present (they got matching hats).  So I chose the large word chipboard word "Cute" as part of the title.  I fussy cut  the letters for girls from one of the papers.  Using Heidi Swapp's Ink Toner marker,  I painted half the letters and added gold foil.  The result works perfectly in this layout.


The picture doesn't catch the light to show the gold foiling.

 

To balance the page, I added a small cluster of fussy cut pieces, chipboard and tags  at the  other corner of the page.



I created the tags by cutting one of the patterned papers.


Finally I added my journal at the  opposite side of the cluster.   Since I wanted to highlight the picture and cut out, I stop there and was happy with the result.   I hope you like it too.








Materials Used:
Patterned Paper,  Wonder collection, Crate Paper
Ephemera, chipboard, stickers,  Wonder collection, Crate Paper
Cut File,  Any Which way, The Cut Shoppe
Title,  Ink Toner Marker, Heidi Swapp MInc Collection
Gold Foil, Heidi Swapp MInc Collection






No comments:

Post a Comment