Mar 23, 2016

Choose Joy


Scrapbook layout  - Choose Joy -


Hello everyone,

It has been a while since i have posted one of my current layouts on my blog.  It is not that i have not been scrapbooking, but I am designing for Scrapbook Nerd and Quirky Bits-N-Pieces for reminder of the year, so I have been busy creating projects for them... Soon I will be posting them...

As always i have a folder full of pictures to scrapbook,  this one is a favorite.  As always my daughter and niece posing for the camera, but in this one they recruited my sister, too.  Since I wanted to keep it girly and fun,  I chose pastel colors and this beautiful cut file from Studio Calico (Camelot XO).



Only some of the cuts are folded and glued to the mat.
The shadow that the cut produces adds dimension to the layout.



I chose this beautiful purple Marble paper from Mambi's Love collection to create the cut-out, and backed all the cuts with MME papers from older collections.  I like printing my pictures in black and white, as it helps with the colors and it brings them out  on layouts.  



The title came from an old chipboard sticker page.
Since the background is rather busy, I chose to add my journal inside of the cutout pieces



Since I have a rather busy background, i chose just a large cluster of embelishments for the picture.  I tried to combine the different pieces with the colors of the layout.  So I picked from different sticker collections.



I love to keep cards, little envelopes, etc.; the purple tag is one of this year's
Valentine's Day cards from Starbucks...   Let's just say I am a good customer...



Finally i just added a few chipboard stickers around the cut-outs and a few drops of purple smooch spritz...  I love the colors, the cut file and the picture; together they make the perfect combo... I hope you like it too..

See you soon..


The finished layout...




Materials Used:

Cut file,  Camelot XO, Studio Calico
Pattern paper -main cut-out- , Love collection, MAMBI
Pattern paper -cut-out backing-, My Mind's Eye
Title - chipoard sticker -,  Recollections, Michaels
Hear Tag - Valentine's Day Gift Card - Starbucks
Ephemera -Circle "Hi"-,  MInc collection, Heidi Swapp
Chipboard Stickers, Mambi collections
Chipboard sticker -arrow- ,  Wonder collection, Crate Paper
Label,  Maggie Holmes collection, Crate Paper
Ink splatters - Frosted Grape, Smooch Spritz.






No comments:

Post a Comment