Jan 21, 2016

Lovely Mail -update-



Scrapbook Layout  - Lovely Mail -

A few days ago i received a beautiful bookmark in the mail,  unfortunately I had to go digital with my books, since we were quickly running out of space in the apartment.  So I had to cherish it the best way i know,  scrapbook it...

The Finished Layout




I really wanted to use the envelope as part of the layout, but it got ruined on the way here (all the digital stamps had stained it), so I chose to find ephemera and stickers that match this color and complement the bookmark.


The front of the envelope is even more ink stained ...

Since, I wanted to safeguard the bookmark,  i created an envelope out of vellum paper using We R Memory Keepers Bow and Envelope punch.  



The envelope before sealing the sides.


I used a patterned paper that resembled old book pages, and some scrap paper left from previous projects.   The papers were muted enough to highlight the ephemera and the envelope.


The bookmark is framed by labels and teal color stickers and ephemera.

To balance the page, I added a few pieces of ephemera to the top of the page, and attached it with a stapler  (I also attached the original envelope to the back of the layout with the same staple).


The staple is covered with enamel dots


I used a wood veneer and a resin envelope (from Freckled Fawn) to complete my title,  added some lines of journaling on a MME tag, and called it done... This is the best way to keepsake my lovely mail.



The envelope contains my bookmark, and can be easily opened  by lifting the removable heart seal.


Materials Used:
  • Patterned paper,  Craft Smith Christmas Collection
  • Ephemera,  Amy Tangerine Stitched collection,  Becky Higgins Project Life Value Pack,  Pink Paislee Journey Collection, Heidi Swapp
  • Labels, My Minds Eye
  • Resin envelope,  Freckled Fawn
  • Wood Veneer, tags and enamel dots,  Michaels






No comments:

Post a Comment