May 2, 2018

Stay Wild


Scrapbook Layout created for Citrus Twist Kits  - STAY WILD -




Hi there,

It is time to share a new layout created with this month's Malibu kit from Citrus Twist Kits.   The kits are packed with papers from the new Crate Paper Wild Heart collection, and Heidi Swapp Pineapple Crush collections.   So much to choose from, so i decided to mix a few of the kits to create this messy but fun page.



My idea was to add mixed media and lots of layers behind the picture of my kids in a cheeky pose.  So i pulled some modelling paste, and added some texture to the background, followed by some watercolor, and then acrylic inks.  Did I mention I was going for messy for this page!!



While that dried, I started to work on the layers behind the picture, so I reached for the main, and patterned paper kit to start building the large cluster. 




The new digitals available at the Citrus Twist store are perfect to add those extra layers in between papers, and also to add sentiments to the page.   Trust me, i jsut layered lots of paper and ephemera behind the picture.




As the background dried, the cardstock was curling from all the mixed media on it, so i stitched it to a paper from the kit on a slant, so that it created an angle on the page.   Then distressed the cardstock a bit, and added another cluster just to complete the page.  Here is the final layout:



Just loved how this turned out, messsy and all!  Perfect to document that particular memory of my kids trying to be funny!

I hope you stop by the new Citrus Twist Kits blog, and check all the new kits.    There are so many new add ons and digitals being added.

As always let me know if you have questions on how this came together. 

see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment