Apr 6, 2018

1 2 3 Jump


Scrapbook Layout created for Vicki Boutin DT  - 1, 2, 3, JUMP! -




Hello everyone!
Nathalie with you today with probably one of my most favorite layouts ever!!!   First of all, I got to use a picture of my son, a cooler color palette, and lots of Vicki’s All The Good Things goodies and mediums in a fun way.  



I don’t know about you, but I find that when I start a layout with no plan, it comes out better than when I start with an idea.  The only thing I knew when I started this layout was that I wanted to use pictures of my son (YAY!  I used 2 pictures!!


It all started with a gessoed foundation paper (I have a few prepped ahead of time, always) and some art crayons.  I chose a very masculine palette, and started working with the yellow art crayon, some water and the kissing technique.  Next came the blue, and then the teal crayon.  I made sure to block the background to one of the corners of the paper, and then added just a small amount to the opposite corner.


Here is where my artsy side took over, and I started to play with the mediums.   So I pulled the circle stamp set, and the color wheels and started stamping random circles with matching color ink on top of the watercolor background


Since I chose the smaller circles, then I was able to use the scribbled circle  stamp   to stamp it around the  previous stamped circles (even on top of some of them) using black and dark grey archival ink – I wanted to make sure that the ink will not bleed when adding water-


When I saw all the scribbled circles, I thought about adding more pigment to the center of each of them (and work shading into them, too!), so I used some art crayon to scribble inside the lines.




I used my finger to diffuse the color inside the circle.  At times, I used a baby wipe to moisten the pigment and make it more vibrant.   I worked this into pretty much all the circles in the background.



As much as I loved the background, I wanted to add a bit of texture.  So I chose to mix some iridescent glaze with some of the black watercolor pigment. NO WATER was added, I wanted a thick paste.  I pulled an old Heidi Swapp stencil of small circles, and using a palette knife just scraped some paste to the background.  Just love how this all turned out



Now it was time to assemble the page.   First I really wanted to pop the pictures, so I knew that I had to make the yellow prominent, so that it will contrast and complement the blue in the picture. So I chose to trim the page about half an inch around the corner where the background had been created, and stitched it to the b side of the Shine Brightly paper, leaving the small watercolor paper free.




I used the 7x10 paper pad to create layers behind the pictures, and then added a few ephemera pieces, and watercolor stickers as extra layers behind the picture.




A bit of foam adhesive was added to one of the pictures so that there is dimension, and to create a separation between them.



Then I used the foam sticker words to create the title of the page.  I placed the numbers 1 and 2 on the pictures, and then added the ‘3’ to the small watercolor corner, followed by the word “JUMP!” using the chipboard thickers.   To complement the circle motive of the page, I glued a circle ephemera piece as a layer between the cardstock and paper at the non-stitched corner.



A few lines of journal, and then some black watercolor droplets complete this page.  Truly one of my favorite pages ever created. 
Stylized picture of the layout
The following video will show you how this page came together, though it sounds complicated, it isn’t.   So sit back and enjoy!



I hope this inspire you to create a page of your own.  The secret to mixed media is to have fun and experiment (trust me I have made notes in my little Junque Journal on how I created this page!)  
Remember to check all of Vicki’s mediums and her All The Good Things collection,   I cannot emphasize enough how fantastic her entire line is!
That is all for me today!
XO


Materials Used:
All The Good Things collection:
Shine Bright paper
7x10 paper pad
Ephemera pack – icons, frames
Finishing embellishments
Cardstock stickers
Watercolor stickers
Foam thickers
Alpha Chipboard thickers
Rotary stamp
Circle stamp set

Mixed Media:
Foundation paper
Gesso
Mister
Water brushes
Art Crayons sets: cool, warm, neutral
Color wheel ink sets in cool and warm palette
Iridescent Glaze CreativeFX
Watercolor set (black tube)




No comments:

Post a Comment