Aug 30, 2017

BeYouTiful


Scrapbook Layout created for Simple Stories  - BEYOUTIFUL -





Hi there,

Today i am up on the Simple Stories blog with a few layouts showcasing the new BEAUTIFUL collection...

It seems like my kids are growing faster than i would like to  ;( -sad emoji-,  and with each passing day, i see how rapidly they are letting go of my hand.  So I set out to create a page about my daughter, and her ever changing youth.  I was inspired by the small doodled flowers in the collection to create a  floral background for this layout.  Since i love cut files, i pulled the Behold Beauty file from Just Nick Studio to create the large cut out used behind the picture, as the flowers reminded me of the ones in this collection.  A little bit of mixed media using the blush color of the paper bring out the details of the flowers in this page.



To create the background of this page, i cut two strips of paper from the "BeAmazing" paper -i made sure to save the floral edge for a future project-.   The b-sides of the papers in this collection are just as beautiful, so I glued the two strips so that both sides of the paper will show onto white cardstock.   Then trimmed the entire mat, and glued it to the b side of "Simply Wonderful Paper".  A bit of mixed media was then added to the page.




While the mixed media dried, I backed the cut file with pink and white vellum.   Using a punch, a created the butterflies for this layout.  I  used a combination of papers from the 6x8 paper pad to obtain the cut outs, and stitched them together.







Then it came time to embellish the layout.   So i searched for all the doodle flowers available in the collection's coordinating embellishments, and used them to create 3 clusters on the page.   The clear gold stickers worked seamlessly in the background as they mixed nicely with the watercolor background.





All the coordinating stickers, and sentiments in the sticker sheets are perfect to layer, and cluster around the pictures.   I had to restrain myself from adding more stickers to the clusters, instead, I found the black die cut "BeYouTiful" that serves as the title for this page.  Here is a look at the final page:







Aren't the colors and embellishments in this collection just Beautiful!  They are soft, and bold at the same time, but perfect for my teen daughter.

The next layout is coming up on the next post.  Remember to contact me if you have any questions.

See you all soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment