Apr 14, 2017

You Go Girl



Scrapbook Layout created for Clique Kits  -  YOU GO GIRL  -






Hello everyone!


Happy Easter!

Today I am up on the Clique Kits blog with a new layout using the beautiful "JELLYBEAN" kit, and its exclusive cut files.  This time i picked the large phrase title to be the center piece of this page.




     
To make the title stand out, i added a small white border around the title (the offset).  The title was cut from the beautiful Bella Bld.'s "Magnifique" paper  -though the flowers are gorgeous, I was drawn to the colors and paint brush marks on the image-.  I made sure to cut the title from the center of the Magnifique page.





      Once the cuts were glued together,  the edge of the title was pierced to add some stitching and texture to it.  After adding hand stitching to the title,  I set out to construct the page.   First,  i trimmed about 0.5in from two of the edges of a light pink card stock.  Then I used watercolors and inks to add some color to the background.





    Once the background dried,  the title was attached to the page, making sure it sit right in the middle of the large watercolor background.  The picture of  my niece holding her art TN (she loves TNs as much as I do!) was placed above the title.  I used the exclusive printables, and ephemera included in the Jellybean kit, as well as the puffy stickers from the Make Your Mark collection that are available in the store, to frame the picture.








    To finish the page, using the sewing machine, I stitched the  layout to the left over piece of the "Magnifique" paper, making sure to leave two opposite corners free .  These were folded into the layout to be used as part of the clusters formed here. I tried to use these corners to bring some of the colorful accents and embellishments from the Jellybean kit.  Here is the final layout:







     Don't the colors and title work just pop  out of this page?  Though I love the roses, I wanted to take a different approach when using the Make Your Mark  "Magnifique" from the Jellybean kit in this layout.   I am so pleased with the end result, and i hope it inspires you to create stand out titles for your project.



 Don't forget to check Clique Kits to register for a subscription (there are just some spots available) for their gorgeous kits, or sign up for their newer Traveler's Notebook kit.  You will love them! I am always a comment away if you have any questions on how this came together.


 Thanks for stopping by, today!  



Materials Used:
Clique Kits - Jellybean kit
Cut file - Clique Kits - Jellybean kit
Watercolor - the classics, the tropicals - Prima Marketing

No comments:

Post a Comment