Apr 1, 2017

Trust - Simple Stories IG hop



Scrapbook Layout created for Simple Stories  -  TRUST  -







Hello crafty friends!

It is an exciting day for me!,  It is the first time, I am using the Simple Stories watermark to showcase one of my projects.  I am still in shock, and so humbled by God's gifts.    IN addition, today the entire 2017 Simple Stories creative team is showcasing their style in a IG hop (if you are visiting by following the link on my IG account... WELCOME!).






For this project I wanted to find a sweet way to document my word of the year using the beautiful Simple Stories products.  The picture is that of my two youngest kids (yes, my Boston Terrier is our baby), and the love they have for each other.   Our baby always comes close to us whenever he is afraid of something, and this capture made me remember of  Psalms 56: 3 "When I am Afraid, I put my TRUST in you".  

I simply layered papers from the Faith collection behind the picture, and clustered fussy cut flowers, stickers and brads from the collection around it.





Using  a paper from the Posh collection as base for the page, I fussy cut some of the flowers from the Faith collection, and created these clusters at each corner of the page.   A  bit of foam adhesive works to bring dimension to the cluster, and highlights the small word stickers included in  the clusters.






I love large titles, especially when I can created them with a cut file and hand stitching.   For my OLW,  i used papers from the Faith and Posh collection , and stitched them together to  white cardstock.







I added the Bible verse as my journal lines, as this is just a forever reminder of  God's promises for me, and what I always tend to forget to do:  "TRUST".  Here is the final layout:





I love, love this page, and will now sit on my room next to my bible stand.  The papers are just to beautiful, it broke my heart to have to fussy cut it.

This is just the first of many projects to come in this new adventure with Simple Stories.  I am so thankful to them for the invitation, and I am hoping to not disappoint.

As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions on how this came together.

Thanks for stopping by today!



Materials Used:
Simple Stories - Faith collection (papers- Love, Peace, Believe, 4x6 journal cards), card stock sticker combo, clear stickers, decorative brads.
Conrad alphabet - Silhouette store
Simple Stories - Posh Collection (papers - Live Simply, Chose Happy), ephemera, card stock sticker combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment