Apr 9, 2017

Spring Break Lovin - TCS



Scrapbook Layout created for The Cut Shoppe  - SPRING BREAK LOVIN -






Hello there!

I am amazed at how fast this year is passing by!  Just last week, my kids went back to school after a week of relax at home.   Yes, I survived Spring Break!, and so did my teens.  After a week at home, there are lots of moments to remember and document.





For this project, I chose a happy memory to document,  the first day of Spring break (just look at their happy smiles).   Using the Cut Shoppe's newly released free cut file, "Spring Break", and papers from Dear Lizzy Lovely Day collection, a part of the title was built.  To add the "lovin" sentiment, the Let's Talk Summer cut file was used to create the cut out, and papers from the same collection backed the letters.






Once I set to build the page, my design led me to create a diagonal line for the page.   So I glued the picture and title to the page, and set out to cut the specialty paper from the Lovely Day collection into large triangles that sit at both horizontal edges of the page.





To add more interest to the page, I cut a few  of the scallop border from the  April Showers cut file.   The cuts were backed with vellum, and the same papers used in the title.  I then layered the scallop borders below the large triangle pieces on the edges of the page.






A little bit of machine stitching was then added to the edges of the triangle strips, and parts of the title.   This added texture and secure the scallops in place.   A few extra details were added in small clusters around the page.  Here is the final layout:





Even though I picked a cool colors palette for this page (as my kids are wearing those colors in  the picture),  the lightness in the cut files, and the slanted design just makes this page springy, and light. I hope this inspires you to take a look at all the cut files used in this page.  There is always new designs added to the Cut Shoppe Etsy Store, and free cut files are also available if you sign up for the store's newsletter.

As always, let  me know if you have any questions on how this came together.

Take care!




Materials Used:
Cut files - The Cut Shoppe




Patterned Papers 6x6 pad, card stock stickers, chipboard stickers, ephemera, buttons, puffy stickers - Lovely Day collection - Dear Lizzy
rubber Shapes - Saturday collection - Dear Lizzy
Ephemera,  foil stickers -  The Mix 1 collection - Pinkfresh Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment