Apr 4, 2017

Smile -Life is Beautiful- Remember -Who Loves You-




Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  - SMILE Life is Beautiful.  REMEMBER Who Loves You -






   Hello Crafty friends!

 I hope you all are doing great, now that the weather is starting to change!

 Today, I am popping here with a new tutorial (my Cameo is taking a rest this time!) that showcases the patterns in the new Pinkfresh Studio collection "DREAM ON".      In case you haven't seen the collection, just click here to be directed to the store (I hope there is still some of the collection left, as it is beautiful!).  The patterns on the papers are just very modern, and unique, plus the colors are just Spring"y".




This layout took exactly 30 minutes to come together.  The inspiration for this page was the patterns on the paper, especially the large phrase paper ( Aspire ).  So i set to cut out the last sentence group on the page,  "SMILE Life is Beautiful.  REMEMBER Who Loves You".  I used my detailing scissors, and exacto knife to fussy cut the letters.




This picture of my mom and nephew is a favorite of ours, and the perfect image to accompany the title.   Using the "Day" paper as a base (the paper has a lovely subtle grid design), I attached the picture and  laid the title (using foam tape) around the picture.  Since the title is so large, a few small pieces from the collection embellishments was all it was needed to frame the picture.





Since the picture and title are anchoring the page in the center.  I fussy cut four rows of circles from the "WISH" paper, and machine stitched them on the page along the horizontal edges of the  page.





 This collection is filled with interesting patterns that repeat through the collection, so I picked a mixture of pieces that from the embellishments that resemble the triangles, and circles  in the papers's patterns.  These were clustered at opposite corners (diagonally) on the page.





A few lines of journal complete the page.   Here is a quick video on how this page came together (please forgive the light in the video... we are working on setting a new light system that works for me!)...







 Did you see the lighting issues?  My tech savvy son and hubby are working on fixing it.    Back to the layout, now!... The  patterns in the papers in this collection is what inspire this layout, as I always  build backgrounds before adding a picture to it.  Like I mentioned, the  large sentence paper is what brought this page together.  So next time, take a closer look at the patterns in your papers, you will be amazed at what they can inspire!

 As always let me know if you have any questions on how any of this came together.

 See you all soon!          





Materials Used:
Dream On collection - Pinkfresh Studio - 12x12 paper, leatherette stickers, washi tape, puffy sticjers, ephemera, gold mirror stickers, layered stickers, rubber shapes
The Mix 1 collection - Pinkfresh Studio - die cuts


No comments:

Post a Comment