Apr 13, 2017

Right Now



Scrapbook Layout created for Clique Kits  - RIGHT NOW -





Hello Clique friends!

 Today, I am sharing a new project created with the beautiful "Jellybean" kit, and one of the exclusive cut files included in this month's kit; I think the entire DT is in love with this cut file, not to mention the colors and patterns in the kit!



 

 This project is the happy result of the fusion of scrapbooking and Bible Journaling,  as it was created inspired by the  beautiful cut file, the colors in the kit, but above all Psalm 9:1, "I will give thanks to you , Lord with all my heart;  I will tell of your wonderful deeds" 



   


 To frame the beautiful flowers cut out, I chose to go all artsy,  and use a combination of watercolor, ink, stamps and gelatos to create the background of the page.  Using the packaging technique, some green ink was spread on the page.  A little bit of gelatos was then smeared on the  page using some water and watercolor



  Once all these dry, I used the new Altenew's Daisy layering stamp, that can be found in the Clique Store - to add just a few of the outline  of the leaves.   I have created  a small video on how the page was created, so sit and enjoy!




I hope you like the video!  As you can see, even when i mistakenly  smeared ink on the page, the beautiful flowers (created with the exclusive cut file and Paige Evans' Oh My Heart collection  paper #14  -both included in the Jellybean kit- ) cover a large amount of the background, so the big smeared just becomes a hint of color under the flowers.



 


 I created this page after working on my Bible journal,  and since I had just taken the picture for an updated head shot, i used the page as  a ways to journal about me and what i am thankful for.





    For the title, the beautiful wood piece in the Jellybean kit fit this layout perfectly.  So i simply added a thin layer of gold acrylic paint, and then gold embossed the letters for that added shine in the page  ( i love the end result!).  Here is the final layout:  




  I am happy with the end result of this page (even when the subject of the layout is me!).  The inspiration i found in combining my Bible journey, the Jellybean kit and color soothes my soul.  I hope you like it, too!  If you are not a subscriber, there is still a few a la carte Jellybean kits available, so don't forget to check the store.

 I am always  a comment away if you have a question on how this came together.

 Thanks for stopping by!  



Materials Used:
Clique Kits - April Kit
Cut file - Clique Kits - April Kit
Gelatos - kiwi, lime, limoncello - Faber Castell
Shimmer watercolor - Artist Loft - Michaels
Hampton Arts Ink Pads
color shine - citron, gold- Heidi Swapp
Altenew - Small daisy stamp
Heidi Swapp gold acrylic paint
Zig Embossing powder -gold

No comments:

Post a Comment