Apr 24, 2017

Perfect Smile


Scrapbook Layout  created for Scrapbook Nerd  -  PERFECT SMILE -





Hello there!

I hope you  all are enjoying the beautiful Spring season!

This month, I was inspired by color for my Scrapbook Nerd reveal week, and decided to use lots of colorful collections to bring you some inspiration.  






I was drawn to the super colorful Joy Parade collection by Fancy Pants to create this layout.  The triangle pattern paper is so fun, and just like a  puzzle, I was able to create different size hearts just by cutting around the triangles.





Once i had cut the shapes,  i used them as a template to cut similar shapes out of the solid color papers in the collection.  I made sure to leave a small offset in each of the solid colors, so that the color will show once the patterned heart was glued on them.






Using a paper piercer, i created a guide to add some stitching around the hearts using embroidery floss of the same color of the backing paper.  Once they were all stitched together, I bundled them into 3  sets, and using  different depth foam adhesive attached them all together.







At the same time, I created the background for this piece by using watercolors that matched the collection, and the packaging technique.   I made that the colors were scattered around the page, with emphasize to where the clusters will be placed.





Once the background was dried, I glued the heart bundles to the page, and added embellishments from the collection around the hearts.






The picture of my son and mom was then layered with papers from the collection, and attached to the large colorful smudge on the page.  Since there is so much going on the page, I added just one cluster to the top of the picture, and decided to place the title at the bottom of the page using a piece of ephemera, and alphas from the Heart Day collection from Crate Paper.  Here is the final layout:







I love the color scheme of this page, and all the color just complements the candid picture of my son and mom.    I hope this serves as inspiration to take a closer look at the patterns in the papers of the collection you are working with.   Remember you can visit Scrapbook Nerd to pick all the materials used in this layout, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me.


Thanks for stopping by!!


Materials used:
Fancy Pants - Joy Parade Collection - entire collection
Alphas - Crate Paper - Heart Day collection
Color shine - butter, mustard, pink, peacock - Heidi Swapp

No comments:

Post a Comment