Mar 2, 2017

Stamp and Scrapbook Expo Designer Spotlight



Scrapbook Layout created for Stamp and Scrapbook Expo  - SMILE -








Hello friends!


I  hope you all are doing well.   

Today, it is a super special day for me, as i finally get to share some super exciting news with you all.   A few months ago (a few days before my birthday), the ever sweet Paige Taylor Evans asked if she could feature me in her bi-weekly Designer Spotlight at Stamp and Scrapbook Expo blog.  I had just woken up to the message, and after drying my happy tears, I humbly accepted her offer.  Til this day, I feel so honored, humble and blessed to share my work with you all.  I am forever thankful to my God, for whom i work, and Paige Evans for taking the time to look at my body of work, and giving me this opportunity.







If you have seen  my work before, then you know that i love cut files, embroidery, watercolor, black and white photos, vellum, lots of white, and pretty paper.  I think this layout combines most of my favorite things, and my  goddaughter.   







For this project, I chose one of my favorite cut files (but never used before), "I'll Fly Away", from the Cut Shoppe.   I backed the cut-out with papers from  Pink Paislee's Take Me Away and Fancy Free collections, and stitched the papers in place using embroidery floss that match the colors of the respective paper.  To add dimension to this page, i used the cut file to cut the butterflies out of white vellum, and stitched them on top of the backed image.







I love this picture of my goddaughter, so i layered pieces from the collections in small clusters around the picture, and used a mirror sticker for the title in the page.  I chose to hide my journal, by writing it on some of the butterflies backing papers, and then stitching the vellum on top of it.  Here is the final layout:






I am still pinching myself about seeing my work featured in the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo blog.   I am forever thankful to Paige for having picked me for the spotlight, and hope that you all stop by the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo blog to learn more about me, and see some of my favorite layouts ( it was hard to pick just 4).  just click here to be taken to the blog.


Thank you all for the continuous support, I am amazed that you take the time to see my work.  I really appreciate it.


Remember i am always a comment away if you have any questions, or just to say hello.



Thanks for visiting, today!



Materials Used:
cut file -  I'll Fly Away - The Cut Shoppe

Patterned papers-  Take Me Away & Fancy Free collection - Paige Evans - Pink Paislee
Embellishments - Take ME Away & Fancy Free colelctions - Paige Evans - Pink Paislee
Mirror sticker - On Trend 2 collection - My Mind's Eye
Gold color shine - Heidi Swapp


No comments:

Post a Comment