Feb 14, 2017

Love 16


Scrapbook Tutorial created for Scrapbook Nerd  -  LOVE -16  -





Hello all!

Happy Valentine's Day to you all!  May you share some quality time with your loved ones today.

I was inspired by the rosette paper in the Crate Paper's Heart Day collection embellishment to create a layout that  showcase this fan like pieces as part of a layout.   The tutorial on how i created this rosettes is available at the Scrapbook Nerd blog .










Once all the rosettes were constructed, I created a heart cut out on white card stock, and backed the heart with one of the papers from Paige Evans' Take me Away collection, a bit of hand stitching secures the pages together.   Next i covered one half of the heart with the black and white rosettes, and teal hearts.   Then I layered the pink rosettes on top of the black and white rosettes, I only embellish the rosettes that were more prominent on the heart.




I attached a picture of my husband and I on our 16th wedding anniversary, and layered pieces of ephemera from the collections.  The title was built from the large chipboard sticker, and the number sixteen  on the rosettes.





I kept the rest of the layout simple as i did not want to take the attention from the picture.   A little bit of journaling completes the page.   Here is the completed layout:




There is a lot of dimension in this layout, so it sits on our sofa table.  It fits tightly in a page protector, but I love it.   Give it a try, paper rosettes are great for different crafts, once again you can find the tutorial on how to build them at the Scrapbook Nerd blog.  As always I am a comment away if you need assistance with the tutorial.

Have a great Valentine's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment