Nov 2, 2016

You Are Home


Scrapbook Layout created for Maya Road   - YOU ARE HOME -




Hello there!

Today, i am sharing my first projects as part of the Maya Road Design Team (I am so blessed and happy for the opportunity!).  I created two projects for my first blog post, this is the first one, and the other is in the following post.




a close up to the embelishment cluster in the layout


I fell in love with all these Maya Road dies as soon as I opened the box (they are all related to embroidery and sewing! -some of my favorite things), so i build the layout based on this small cluster.  I started by cutting the pieces from a few of the die sets from Maya Road using Pink Paislee's Take Me Away collection.  In order to tie the cluster together, I dyed a piece of Ken Oliver's seam binding in the colors of the papers and used it behind the die cut pieces. To finish the cluster, I added a small wood embroidery hoop and added a few of the chipboard stickers along the cluster.




Next i used a cut file from the Silhouette store to create the title for this piece.  I cut the word home, and then i used a small offset of the word to cut the white border around it.   A few hand stitches tied this layout theme together.  I used the little flowers from the dress form die to add embelishments along the entire page.






I added the picture of my family, my home! to the layout.  Using papers from the Take Me Away collection, i layered the picture along with a corrugated card board tag, and  one of the large spool die-cut piece.  I love the small wood veneer button (I wished i had a thousand more of them!, but there was only this one), and placed it as part of the cluster in the picture.  Here is final layout:






I am truly loving how i am able to customize the Maya Road products to my style.   I love that they are so beautiful and versatile  at the same time.

Thanks for visiting today.



See you all soon!


Materials used:
Bobbin & Scissor die,  Needle & Spool die,  Vintage Dress Form die - Maya Road
Seam Binding - Ken Oliver trims - Maya Road
Wood veneer circle - Maya Road
Kraft corrugated tag - Maya Road
Mini wooden embroidery hoop - Maya Road
White card stock - American Crafts
Patterned Papers - 2, 22 and 6x6 paper pad - Take Me Away collection by Paige Evans - Pink Paislee
Chipboard stickers - Take Me Away collection  by Paige Evans - Pink Paislee
Metallic semi-watercolor palette - Prima Marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment