Nov 16, 2016

XOXO


Scrapbook Layout created for Clique Kits   - XOXO -




Hello!

Today i am up on the Clique Kits blog with an entry for their Locker Room series.   This time around, i went back to basic scrapbooking, and i am using papers from the beautiful Swan Lake kit to create a layout for one of my favorite summer pictures.   Here is a quick video (this is the condensed version!,  this layout was time consuming due to all the fussy cutting) on how the layout came together:




I hope you enjoyed the video, as you can see this layout was all about fussy cutting papers from the Maggie Holmes' Gather collection -featured in this month's Swan Lake kit-.     Though, I like to be detailed with my fussy cutting, it was a bit time consuming because of all the small details in the papers.  Once the images were cut, the page came together easily by gluing the pieces to the mat using different height foam adhesive.  Here are some close ups:








I kept the details around the picture to a minimum, so that  the picture will be the center of the mat.  I added just a few pieces from the ephemera pack, a few chipboard stickers, and those cute little tassels - all from the Gather collection -.





Since the picture is that of my little nephew apologizing to my daughter, and kissing her away, I chose to title this page XOXO, and used the Dear Lizzy, Petal Thickers  create the title.   The gold chipboard sticker just directs the eye to the picture.   Here is the final layout:





I love the feel and look of this layout, is by far one of my favorites of the year.
AS always, let me know if you have any questions as how this layout came together.  Don't forget to visit the Clique Kits website to check the blog and the store.



Thanks for visiting today!



Materials Used:
Maggie Holmes's Gather collection - Crate Paper - Clique Kits' Swan Lake kit

No comments:

Post a Comment