Nov 3, 2016

Traveler's Notebook - My Journal


My Journal






Hello to you all!

I hope you all are enjoying the beautiful fall days.   As always, i have been out and about capturing and documenting my every day life.  In fact, i discovered Traveler's Notebooks a few years back, and since then i have used them to keep my personal journals, doodles, art and ideas (sort of like my diary, but in an adult way!).   So I wanted to share with you some of the ways I incorporated Clique Kits' Swan Lake kit to my spreads.





Our latest trip to the local Apple Orchard was the subject for my first spread.  I started by picking three of the pictures, and created a photo strip on Lightroom.  I cut the small corners for the pages from one of the papers from the kit. The picture frames came from one of the papers in the main kit, and were used as layers behind the pictures.  I added a few details to the picture, and some of the exclusive printables to the other corner of the spread to balance the page.  Here is the completed spread:





For the next spread, I documented a picture of my husband and I on our thanksgiving walk.  As you know I don't like to repeat looks, so I chose to use a bit of watercolor in this page.





Once the background dried, the picture was glued to it, along with some chipboard stickers from the Gather collection, die cut pieces from Simple Stories' Posh collection, and one of the exclusive printable icons.   






Since this is my journal, I wrote a personal note on my relationship with my hubby, but chose to hide it by attaching a piece of one of the papers from the Gather collection.  I simply used an exacto knife to cut the sentiment to fit to the page length, and used some Amy Tangerine fine washi tape to hold it in place,   Here is the completed layout:





As you can see, it takes only minutes to completely document your every day onto a Traveller's notebook; regardless of your style of book and documenting, Clique Kits Swan Lake kit is perfect to add all those small touches to your pages.


Thanks for visiting today!




Materials used:
Clique Kits - Swan Lake
Die cut pieces - Posh collection - Simple Stories
Foiled stickers - Indigo Hills collection - Pinkfresh Studio
Chipboard Stickers - Gather collection - Crate paper - Swan Lake kit add-on
Decadent Pies watercolor palette - Prima Marketing





No comments:

Post a Comment