Nov 12, 2016

Piles of Smiles


Scrapbook Layout created for Clique Kits -  PILES OF SMILES  -





Hi there!

 Today, I am up on the Clique Kits blog with a this new project about using the Silhouette Cameo to create a stitching pattern on a layout.  I am using the beautiful Swan Lake Kit for this project (it is loaded with Maggie Holmes's Gather collection).





I started the project by using the Geometric Fall Leaf cut file from the Silhouettes store.  I used the perforate edge function to create the stitching pattern, instead  of cutting the edge.  Since i wanted to add color to the leaf, I decided to use watercolor paper for this layout.  Here are a  few close ups as how the background came together:





I used the Prima watercolor palettes to color the leaf (trying to imitate the colors of the Beautiful paper from the kit). Once the color dried, I used some embroidery thread to hand stitch all the lines of the leaf.   Also,  a 0.5 in was cut from the edges of the mat, and added to the beautiful paper.








I used a black and white picture of my little niece and nephew on one of our walks a few weeks ago.  the picture was layered with papers from the collection, exclusive printable, and a few pieces from the kit add ons, and Simple Stories Posh collection.   The title was created from a Clique Kits exclusive printable that was attached to a little chipboard frame.  I just cut the top edge of the frame, and added a small chipboard heart.   I added some journal lines and sequin to the page before calling it done.




I hope this helps to add some texture through hand-stitching to your projects.  Don't forget to visit  Clique Kits to check this month's Swan Lake Kit and all its add-ons.

Thanks for visiting!


No comments:

Post a Comment