Nov 2, 2016

Fabulous


Scrapbook Layout created for Maya Road  - FABULOUS -








Hello!

I hope you all are doing well.   Today, I am sharing the first projects created for Maya Road (i still cannot believe that I am part of their Design Team!).  I was lucky to receive a large assortment of Maya Road products, they are all so beautiful, but i was drawn to the "Rolled Flower die".  




For this layout, I am using the beautiful Paige Evans, Take Me Away collection.  I started by hand-stitching a large heart in a piece of heavy card stock.  I cut  a large number of flowers from the paper collection, and started to fill the inside of the heart with the rolled flowers (i made sure to use my hot glue gun to ensure the flowers will stay in place).



I debated about keeping this just as art to hang around the apartment!



I chose a picture of my daughter on our Thanksgiving walk (we already celebrated it here in Canada).  and used a piece of pink vellum to layer behind the picture, making sure there was a bit of paper hanging from the bottom of the picture.  Next i used some metallic watercolor to add some shine to a piece of Ken Oliver's vintage trim, and layered it under the picture.  I had to trim some of the excess vellum behind the trim.





I added  a few of the tassels, and one  of the arrow charms to the picture as a way to bring the attention to the picture.  I found this clear acetate butterfly amongst the  products, and love how it looked nested in the flowers.



The flowers are just too beautiful, and the butterfly was a soft touch to the piece.


I used one of the large word foam words as the title of this layout, "FABULOUS", and added  all my journal and date to the back of the piece, as when finished finished, we wanted to use it as piece in our apartment.  Here is the final layout:




We love the final look of this layout, the soft rolled flowers and subtle details from the Maya Road products are perfect to document my beautiful daughter.

I am so blessed to be able to play with all the Maya Road products, and look forward to draw more inspiration from them.

Thanks for visiting today!



Materials Used:
Steel Rolled Flower Die #3288  -Maya Road
Perfect Shot Arrow - Vintage Findings - Maya Road
Crafting Tassels in Turquoise Trail  - Maya Road
Scallop Dot Trim - Ken Oliver's Vintage trims - Maya Road
Acetate butterfly in white - Maya Road,
Metallic semi-watercolor palette - Prima Marketing
Pink vellum
Patterned paper #2,3,4,9,15 - Take Me Away collection by Paige Evans - Pink Paislee
Word foam thickers - Take Me Away collection - Pink Paislee
Marshmallow heavy card stock - Bazzill

No comments:

Post a Comment