Sep 21, 2016

Love Life!


Scrapbook Layout created for The Cut Shoppe - Love Life! -



A quick peek at the layout.



Hello there!

Today, I am up on the Cut Shoppe's blog with this lovely layout about my littles.   I took this picture of them enjoying the rides at an indoor fair while we were babysitting them.  Their happy smiles needed to be documented, so i created a page around this picture.


A look at the background of the layout


Since the picture was taken while my littles were riding the airplane ride, I chose to use the Cut Shoppe's "Give it a Whirl" cut file to replicate the rotor at the front of the plane.  I welded a few of the images so that they created a grid.  I chose to color block the patterned papers used to back the cut file, and after stitched a small circle (matching the papers).




I printed the picture in black and white, and placed it in the center of the background.  I chose to add just a small cluster of pieces at the top corner of the picture (making sure that they matched the colors in the background).   


The title of this layout


For the title, I chose the Cut Shoppe's "Words to Live By" cut file.  I rearrange the image so that it reads horizontally, instead that vertically ( as in the original cut file). and had the Silhouette cut two  pieces out of white cardstock.  Next I created an offset to the sentence, and sent it to cut in the Silhouette, but on one of the patterned papers of the Fancy Free collection (this way the title really pops out at the viewer).  I used glue to keep the three cut-outs together.




To add interest along the page, I added pieces of ephemera, chipboard and puffy stickers, in matching colors to the the patterned paper where they were placed.   To finish this layout, I added my lines of journal below the picture.   Here is the finished layout:





I love the finished and polished look of this page, and I hope that serves as inspiration to take a look at all the cut files the Cut Shoppe has to offer on their Etsy shop.

Thanks for visiting today!.

Take care!


Materials Used:
Cut file - Give it a Whirl, and Words to Live By - The Cut Shoppe

Patterned papers - Fancy Free collection - Pink Paislee
White card stock - American Crafts
Ephemera -  Fancy Free Collection - Pink Paislee
Puffy Stickers -  Fancy Free collection - Pink Paislee
                           Life is Beautiful collection - Fancy Pants Designs
Tabbies - Illustrated Faith
Chipboard Stickers - MAMBI Chips
Word Stickers - Small Chat (Occasions)-  Tim Holtz - Idea-ology






No comments:

Post a Comment