Sep 10, 2016

Adventure Awaits


Scrapbook Layout created for The Cut Shoppe - Adventure Awaits -


a close up to the layout


Hello everyone!

I love cut files, it is no secret!.  So when Ashley, the owner of The Cut Shoppe, gave us a copy of the Brush Up Alpha file, I knew the letters would work perfect in a circular design.   I made sure to create the background by using the Silhouette Cameo to draw the circles and letters on the background.  Using a piecing tool, i created a guide for my stitching.  I used two colors of embroidery thread to stitch the background.  The middle circle uses white thread, the outside circle used light green, and the middle circle used two strands of each.


Here is the background before the picture was attached.


To add interest to the piece, I used the Cut Shoppe's Arrows with Attitude cut file to create the arrow cut-outs, and used Bella Blvd.  Alex collection to back each piece.





The arrows were attached to the layout using foam adhesive. this adds dimension to the layout.  I chose to glue the arrows on a slant, so that all the pieces on the layout worked cohesively.





The picture was attached to the center of the layout.  All the clusters created were formed with pieces from the collection.



The papers from the Alex collection are perfect to document teenage boys pictures.



I added my journal lines in the pocket space created on the lower part of the picture.   Here is what the final layout looks like:




I love everything about this layout, and I hope you do, too.   To check this cut files, and many more, don't forget to visit the Cut Shoppe's etsy store.  

Till next time,

Happy  Crafting!



Materials Used:

cut files - The Cut Shoppe















Patterned Papers - Alex collection, Bella Blvd.
Epehemera, Clips, Tabbies and Washi Tape stickers - Alex collection, Bella Blvd.



No comments:

Post a Comment