Aug 11, 2016

Wanderlust


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd - Wanderlust -



a close up of  the layout..


Hello!

It is sad to see how time is flying, and slowly the season is changing.   Maybe that is the reason, I feel like documenting summer and spring pictures, as my way to hold on to the summer's relaxed feeling.   For this layout, I chose a picture of the many walking trips we take with the kids and my fur-baby.  Here is a quick video on how the layout came together:






For this layout, I chose to work with a large picture (8.5x11 in), and Fancy Pants' Life is Beautiful collection.  I wanted the picture and the title to be the main focus, so i chose to emphasize both. For the title, Scrapbook Nerd's cut file,  " The Wanderer", was used.  I added a circle shape around the word as I wanted to make it part of the picture.  To emphasize the word, "wanderlust',  I used a bit of watercolors to try and match the tones on the paper used on the layout.






The idea of having the title be part of the picture was constructed by cutting the arc in each of the layers of the picture.   Since I wanted to keep the focus on the title and picture, I added just a few details to the page.



A small point of interest on the project.


I chose to add my journal lines within the picture, and add just a few accents along the way:





Finally, i added a few extra details, before finalizing the layout:






I hope this gives you some ideas on incorporating large pictures into your layouts.   Sometimes simplicity is the way to go; that and beautiful paper (you can find this and other collections  at Scrapbook Nerd).   

Till next time,

Keep craftin'!



Materials Used:
Cut file -  The Wanderer - Scrapbook Nerd
White cardstock,  American Crafts
Patterned papers -  Life is Beautiful collection - Fancy Pants design
Ephemera, Flair, puffy stickers - Life is Beautiful collection - Fancy Pants design.
Shimmer watercolor,  Artist loft - Michael's








No comments:

Post a Comment