Jan 22, 2016

Hello Lovely

Scrapbook Layout - Hello Lovely-


This is one of my favorite layouts from 2015.  I had just picked up Crate Paper's Craft Market collection, and the colors matched the ones in the picture of my two kids, so I had fun creating this layout...

First I cut 2  2* 12 inch strips of paper  and folded it at half inch intervals,  that was enough to created the pleaded paper strip for the entire layout.  I cut pieces of paper of the same Paper Crate collection to complete the layers.  I usually keep the little strips of paper at the end of the 12*12  sheets...  One of them had inspirational words, so I cut the words and added them to the layered papers as tabs.   After all the tabs were attached, I used the sewing machine to join all the paper layers together.  


The papers were all lined under the pleaded strip before stitching in the sewing machine.



To create movement on the page I used papers from the same collection and fan them out behind the picture.  Since the pleaded paper and the layers make up for almost half of the page,  I used simple ephemera and stickers to frame he picture.



I chose round stickers to match the design in the paper


A few strands of sewing floss add cohesiveness to the layout



Finally I added a title using (my favorite) wood veneers and some sequins to complete the look...  
I really enjoyed working on this layout, and since the paper came from the same collection, it was easy to combine patterns and colors.  



The completed layout...



Materials used:
  • Patterned paper, Craft Market from Crate Paper
  • Stickers,  Teresa Collins, Family Stories Collection
  • Wood veneers, cork arrow, and sticky note,  Freckled Fawn
  • Tabs,  Simple Stories, Our Family Collection






No comments:

Post a Comment